Headquarters: Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A.
Services: Construction management, design-build, engineering management, general contracting, pre-construction, program management, engineer/procure/construct; and we self-perform concrete, equipment installation, and facility management.
Annual Revenue: $1.3 billion (2013)
- No. 12 among Top 75 Midwest U.S. contractors (Engineering News-Record, July 2014)
- No. 22 among Top 100 Southeast U.S. contractors (Engineering News-Record, July 2014)
- No. 25 among Top 300 U.S. Contractors (Building Design + Construction, July 2014)
- No. 39 among Top 50 Mid-Atlantic U.S. contractors (Engineering News-Record, August 2014)
- No. 42 among Top 400 U.S. Contractors (Engineering News-Record, May 2014)
- No. 82 among Top 125 Texas & Louisiana contractors (Engineering News-Record, August 2014)
- No. 176 among Top 250 Global Contractors (Engineering News-Record, August 2014)
- No. 205 among Top 250 International Contractors (Engineering News-Record, August 2014)
|International Auto Assembly Plants||3|
|Steel & Non-Ferrous Metal Plants||10|
|Power Transmission & Distribution Plants||13|
|Building Information Modeling (BIM)||17|
|Domestic Bldg./Manufacturing Revenue||29|
|Construction Management at Risk||45|
*Sources: GIANTS 300 issue, Building Design + Construction (July 2014); Engineering News-Record (2013)
History: George B. Walbridge and Albert H. Aldinger pooled their resources to form Walbridge Aldinger in Detroit in 1916. The firm gained distinction for constructing early auto assembly plants that fueled the growth of the U.S. auto industry. Today, Walbridge is known for its innovation, award-winning safety program and ability to manage projects internationally. The company builds and manages projects in these markets: airports, automotive, commercial, education, government, healthcare, industrial process, manufacturing and water/wastewater.
John Rakolta, Jr., Chairman and CEO
Richard J. Haller, President and COO
Michael R. Haller P.E., President - Industrial Group
Ronald Hausmann P.E., Executive VP
Vincent J. DeAngelis, Executive VP and CFO
- Steel Tube Manufacturing Facility, Shreveport, La.
- BMW Paint Shop, Greer, S.C.
- University of Michigan Munger Graduate Residence Hall, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine, Kalamazoo, Mich.
- The Exchange Shopping Center, Ft. Meade, Md.
- Wichita Mid-Continent Airport Act 3 Terminal, Wichita, Kan.
- Abu Dhabi Health Services Ghayathi Community Hospital, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Oakland University Engineering Building, Rochester, Mich.
- Continental Tire Manufacturing Plant, Sumter, S.C.
- University of Michigan Law School Lawyers Club Renovation, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Chrysler Body Shop and Paint Shop, Sterling Heights, Mich.
- Healthiest 100 Workplaces in America, Healthiest Employers (2014)
- Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, National Assn. of Business Resources (2013)
- Merit Award for NAVFAC Navy Exchange in Bethesda, Md., Design-Build Institute of America (2013)
- Michigan Honor Award for Interior Architecture for College for Creative Studies Taubman Center for Design, American Institute of Architects (2013)
- Michigan Honor Award for Steel for the University of Michigan Law School Robert B. Aikens Commons, American Institute of Architects (2013)
- Build Michigan Special Award for the Detroit Public Schools Capital Improvements Program, AGC of Michigan (2012)
- Build Michigan Award for New Construction, BAE Systems Land & Armaments Complex, AGC of Michigan (2012)
- ENR Best of the Best Award for Best Office Project, Delta Dental of Michigan Headquarters Expansion and Renovation, Engineering News-Record (2012)
- CREW Impact Award, the Detroit Public Schools Capital Improvement Program, CREW Detroit (2012)
- Construction & Design Award, Delta Dental of Michigan Headquarters Expansion and Renovation, Engineering Society of Detroit (2012)