Headquarters: Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A.
Services: Construction management, design-build, engineering management, general contracting, pre-construction, program management, engineer/procure/construct; and we self-perform concrete, equipment installation, and facility management.
Annual Revenue: $1.29 billion (2012)
- No. 3 among world's largest contractors for automotive plants (Engineering News-Record Global Sourcebook, December 2012)
- No. 5 among Top 100 Midwest U.S. contractors (Engineering News-Record, July 2013)
- No. 18 among Top 110 Southeast U.S. contractors (Engineering News-Record, July 2013)
- No. 23 among Top 300 U.S. Contractors (Building Design + Construction, July 2013)
- No. 45 among Top 400 U.S. Contractors (Engineering News-Record, May 2013)
- No. 173 among Top 250 Global Contractors (Engineering News-Record, December 2013)
|International Auto Assembly Plants||3|
|Steel & Non-Ferrous Metal Plants||10|
|Power Transmission & Distribution Plants||13|
|Building Information Modeling (BIM)||19|
|Domestic Bldg./Manufacturing Revenue||22|
|Construction Management at Risk||45|
*Sources: Building Design + Construction (2013); Engineering News-Record (2013)
History: George B. Walbridge and Albert H. Aldinger pooled their resources to form Walbridge Aldinger in Detroit in 1916. The firm gained distinction for constructing early auto assembly plants that fueled the growth of the U.S. auto industry. Today, Walbridge is known for its innovation, award-winning safety program and ability to manage projects internationally. The company builds and manages projects in these markets: airports, automotive, commercial, education, government, healthcare, industrial process, manufacturing and water/wastewater.
John Rakolta, Jr., Chairman and CEO
Richard J. Haller, President and COO
Michael R. Haller P.E., President - Industrial Group
Ronald Hausmann P.E., Executive VP
Vincent J. DeAngelis, Executive VP and CFO
- Western Michigan University New School of Medicine, Kalamazoo, Mich.
- Wichita Mid-Continent Airport Act 3 Terminal, Wichita, Kan.
- Abu Dhabi Health Services Ghayathi Community Hospital, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- University of Michigan Law School Lawyers Club Renovation, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- BAE Systems Land & Armaments Division Office Building and Prototyping Facility, Sterling Heights, Mich.
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Ft. Benning Armed Forces Reserve Center, Dining Facility and East Wing, Ft. Benning, Ga.
- University of Michigan Law School South Hall Academic Building and Hutchins Hall Addition, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Delta Dental of Michigan Headquarters Expansion and Renovation, Okemos, Mich.
- Merit Award for NAVFAC Navy Exchange in Bethesda, Md., Design-Build Institute of America (2013)
- Michigan Honor Award for Interior Architecture for College for Creative Studies Taubman Center for Design, American Institute of Architects (2013)
- Michigan Honor Award for Steel for the University of Michigan Law School Robert B. Aikens Commons, American Institute of Architects (2013)
- Build Michigan Special Award for the Detroit Public Schools Capital Improvements Program, AGC of Michigan (2012)
- Build Michigan Award for New Construction, BAE Systems Land & Armaments Complex, AGC of Michigan (2012)
- ENR Best of the Best Award for Best Office Project, Delta Dental of Michigan Headquarters Expansion and Renovation, Engineering News-Record (2012)
- CREW Impact Award, the Detroit Public Schools Capital Improvement Program, CREW Detroit (2012)
- Construction & Design Award, Delta Dental of Michigan Headquarters Expansion and Renovation, Engineering Society of Detroit (2012)
- Build Michigan Award, University of Michigan Law School Renovation and Addition, AGC of Michigan (2011)
- Construction & Design Award, Chrysler Trenton South Engine Plant (with BEI Associates), Engineering Society of Detroit (2011)
- Construction Safety Excellence Award, Building Division (1 million – 4 million hours), Associated General Contractors of America (2009)