Headquarters: Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A.
Services: Construction management, design-build, engineering management, general contracting, pre-construction, program management, engineer/procure/construct; and we self-perform concrete, equipment installation, and facility management.
Annual Revenue: $1.29 billion (2012)
- No. 3 among world's largest contractors for automotive plants (Engineering News-Record Global Sourcebook, December 2012)
- No. 47 among Top 400 U.S. Contractors (Engineering News-Record, May 2012)
Walbridge category rankings from Engineering News-Record 2012 Top 400 U.S. Contractors list:
|Int'l Auto Assembly Plants||3|
|Steel & Non-Ferrous Metal Plants||5|
|Transmission & Distribution||13|
|Domestic General Building||31|
History: George B. Walbridge and Albert H. Aldinger pooled their resources to form Walbridge Aldinger in Detroit in 1916. The firm gained distinction for constructing early auto assembly plants that fueled the growth of the U.S. auto industry. Today, Walbridge is known for its innovation, award-winning safety program and ability to manage projects internationally. The company builds and manages projects in these markets: airports, automotive, commercial, education, government, healthcare, industrial process, manufacturing and water/wastewater.
John Rakolta, Jr., Chairman and CEO
Richard J. Haller, President and COO
Michael R. Haller P.E., President - Industrial Group
Ronald Hausmann P.E., Executive VP
Vincent J. DeAngelis, Executive VP and CFO
- BAE Systems Land & Armaments Division Office Building and Prototyping Facility, Sterling Heights, Mich.
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Ft. Benning Armed Forces Reserve Center, Dining Facility and East Wing, Ft. Benning, Ga.
- University of Michigan Law School Academic Building and Hutchins Hall Addition, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Delta Dental of Michigan Headquarters Expansion and Renovation, Okemos, Mich.
- Pray-Harrold Academic Hall, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, Mich.
- Embraer Jet Production Complex, Melbourne, Fla.
- Twin Creeks Technologies Renewable Solar Tech Production Plant, Senatobia, Miss.
- Raleigh Michigan Motion Picture Studios, Pontiac, Mich.
- U.S. Army Vehicle Test Lab, Aberdeen, Md.
- Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport, Panama City, Fla.
- University of Michigan North Quad Residential and Academic Complex, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Tampa Bay History Center, Tampa, Fla.
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Ft. Stewart Fifth Infantry Brigade Combat Team Complex, Ft. Stewart, Ga.
- ZF Transmission Group Auto Transmission Manufacturing Facility, Greenville, S.C.
- Build Michigan Award for New Construction, BAE Systems Land & Armaments Complex, AGC of Michigan (2012)
- ENR Best of the Best Award for Best Office Project, Delta Dental of Michigan Headquarters Expansion and Renovation, Engineering News-Record (2012)
- CREW Impact Award, the Detroit Public Schools Capital Improvement Program, CREW Detroit (2012)
- Construction & Design Award, Delta Dental of Michigan Headquarters Expansion and Renovation, Engineering Society of Detroit (2012)
- Build Michigan Award, University of Michigan Law School Renovation and Addition, AGC of Michigan (2011)
- Construction & Design Award, Chrysler Trenton South Engine Plant (with BEI Associates), Engineering Society of Detroit (2011)
- Construction Safety Excellence Award, Building Division (1 million – 4 million hours), Associated General Contractors of America (2009)