Gerdau Long Steel North America (Gerdau) contracted Walbridge to install a new Danieli reheat furnace and roughing mill at their Monroe, Michigan location. The furnace upgrade is part of a $21.6 million capital investment to improve the quality and production capabilities at the plant.
Scope of work for the project included:
- Installation of all the new reheat furnace.
- Installation of all new roughing mill equipment.
- Fabrication and installation of all required piping supports per Danieli standards for both the reheat furnace and roughing mill.
- Reroute piping in the furnace basement due to interference with the existing building foundations.
- Pre-cleaning of the hydraulics, lubrication, and grease piping before installation.
- Start up and commissioning of all equipment