Ford Motor Company selected Walbridge to provide construction services in support of the redevelopment of its Dearborn, Mich. campus. The planned 10-year project will collocate 30,000 employees from 70 buildings today into two primary locations: a product campus and a world headquarters campus.
The majority of work is expected to be completed in 2026.
Walbridge, which was founded in 1916 in Detroit, first worked for Ford Motor Company in 1923 when it converted a facility constructed to build airplane motors into a production facility for Lincoln vehicles. In 1926, Walbridge constructed an extension to a laboratory on Ford’s Dearborn campus. Both projects were designed by noted architect Albert Kahn.