The decision on who to choose to build a new automotive facility or renovate an existing structure never comes lightly.
There’s an abundance of deciding factors including:
- The amount of time the project will take
- The cost of building and/or the shutdown time associated with major renovation
- Logistics of constructing around still-functioning facilities
- Best methods of constructing the most efficient and technologically superior facilities
Automotive companies need a constructor that has considerable experience in dealing with any arising issues and the knowledge to complete a facility on-time and on-budget. The facility also has to be built to perform well into the future.
History and Knowledge
For decades, Walbridge has been consistently ranked as one of the top automotive manufacturing contractors in the country.
In fact, work in automotive is embedded in our history with the company’s first automotive construction projects – Fisher Body Plant 21 (1919) in Detroit and Maxwell Motor Car Company Plant (1919).
Our history of success in the automotive field provides many benefits to customers, including:
- Knowledge to identify and reslove challenges in pre-construction
- Financial savings through Value Analysis/Value Engineering
- Lean construction practices which maximize time and money savings
- An emphasis on supplier diversity to identify qualified MBEs, WBEs and veteran-owned small businesses
- Construction methods that allows for seamless integration with equipment installation
- A superior understanding of estimating and scheduling for any project
We have automotive experience on three continents (North America, South America and Asia.) One of our most-recent accomplishments is successful completion of this monumental plant in Brazil.
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles’ Goiana, Brazil Jeep Assembly Plant
Massive Project. Incredible Scope. Amazing Outcome. The Fiat Chrysler Goiania Jeep Assembly Plant is the auto group’s largest, most technologically advanced and sustainable plant yet.View Project